Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011, Goodbye 2010

So many good things came out of 2010 that I can't think to write them all here. A few of the high points was me getting a job again, Rebekah starting to potty train and pretty much all aspects of the last year just amaze me about her, lost 15 lbs (and counting) the fun times with family and just enjoying life. We have had a few downs too and lost some friends along the way but over all 2010 was a good year.

I look forward to 2011 and while I've never been good at keeping resolutions I have a few ideas in mind. Goals for the year. When we got together over Christmas my SIL Aimee and I were talking and she thinks I would be really good in the party planning business. I don't know a thing about having a business but I do enjoy planning parties and organizing them. I haven't done any party planning for anyone other than family, well unless you count the unsuccessful attempt I made for a church gathering. Aaron has been trying to think of how to do computer work on the side so why can't I tap into what I'm good at on the side and see if I can make a go of it. If you want a party in 2011 let me know....I think this is me asking for your help.

While we will all have birthdays this year, nothing monumental. The only monumental occasion happening this year is our 5th anniversary. While most of you are celebrating 10, 15 or my parents who will celebrate 40 years, I think 5 years is worth a little something extra. We had hopes for a trip to Vegas, but we simply do not have the money for such trip. Maybe by our 10th we'll have said money. So instead we look to taking a road trip or going to the beach for a couple days just us. That will probably be enough for us.

Another thing that may or may not happen (so please don't get your hopes up) is the talk of adding to our family. I always say that we need more money, and everyone's response to that is "there is never enough money". We do need to get a handle on some bills and then maybe, just maybe we'll be ready to expand by one. My clock is ticking, for just one more, but I'm just waiting to see if that's where we will go this year.

We anxiously await being aunt/uncle again sometime in August. Thankful for answered prayers.

I hope to loose another 15 pounds this year and it's a great goal, but I won't get too depressed if it doesn't happen. I always say it would be great to loose weight, and this job and better eating has allowed that to happen. But even if I don't I'm still in better shape than I was 5 years ago and I'm okay with that.

I don't know what you're hoping for the new year, but I hope that wonderful things happen for you. Maybe we'll all loose 15 pounds!

Happy New Year!

No comments: