Friday, January 21, 2011

not to jinx it...

...but hopefully we found a daycare center willing to accept Rebekah at the rate we can afford to pay a normal sitter. I talked to my boss today, because I would need to adjust my hours slightly to make the daycare thing work. He agreed to let me come in a little earlier to get off at 6pm. Awesome right! I'm excited.

We have an interview scheduled at the daycare tomorrow afternoon for all of us to go and see what it will be like. So thankful we got the tip and that the lady running the center was willing to come down in price. My dad is also helping us by paying a small portion so that the lady is more willing to offer us the place.

I really think Rebekah would have a great time in a structured environment with someone who knows what they are doing and has kids she can play with that are around her age. The social interaction will be awesome. She get some with cousins and with the old sitter she learned about babies, but other than that she didn't really get a chance to play with other kids. It is part time care, so she'll still get to spend time with daddy in the morning and one day a week with the grandparents, but hopefully we can get this slot and have regular care for her.
The other plus is that it is just down the road from where we live so it will not be that much out of our way to drop off/pick up.

So excited. Anyway that's what I wanted to share with you all...whoever out there who reads this. I'll let you know and maybe have a few pictures to share of hopefully her new daycare place. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

YAY!! I hope this works out and am excited to hear how it goes! Rebekah's great with kids - she'd love it!