Tale #1: Rebekah and the eyeball
So about a month ago Rebekah and I were feeling kind of sick because of some sick bug we'd picked up. I had been wiping her nose and spotted something way in the back. Not really taking a long look at it, figured it was some nasty form of a booger and thought "it will find its way out eventually." Well eventually never came and finally after looking with a flashlight and Aaron looking with a flashlight we revealed it to be one of those plastic wiggly eyes was lodged in her nose. After an almost successful blowing of the nose, we decided we needed to get the help of a professional to dislodge said wiggly eye. I called (last Monday) to make an appointment and told the man making the appointment that she had a wiggly eye up her nose. He told me that the soonest our doctor was available was Monday the 24th. I thought it was a little odd that I didn't get an appoinment right away, but then she'd had it up her nose for about a month, so what was another week....Right?!! On Thursday night of last week I got a call from the nurse and they had just seen the note that said Rebekah had something up her nose. So they wanted me to reschedule, but by the time I got the message it was too late to call them that night and there was no way I could move things around to make an appt for Friday. So when I did get ahold of them I told them this.
Yesterday we showed up at the doctor and he was mad that the person making the appointment didn't get us in sooner (he said he was going to talk to them about it) and then he kind of got on me for waiting so long. Okay so one check in my book for bad parenting (but honestly it probably could have stayed up there forever and been fine....I'm just sayin). Then he got a little thing sort of resembling a crochet hook and pulled wiggly eye free of her nose. It was pretty gross...grosses wiggly eye I've ever seen. The doctor was like "you don't want to keep this do you????" (as he's throwing it in the garbage. I guess it's a good thing I said no.
Now Rebekah is free of the eyeball in her nose and she'll gladly tell you that on MOnday she went to the doctor and he took out the eyeball. :0)
The other tale isn't much of a tale it's just bummer news. We found out today that the spot that the daycare provider had open was for a family who was dropping their care down to part time, but then decided on Monday that they wanted full time care. Thus making the spot unavailable to Rebekah at this time. I was really sad because I knew how much fun Rebekah was going to have and how much she was going to learn.....but not much else we can do. I have a few people in mind who I met with on Saturday and just need to pick one and call to see if they are still available for in home care. Two have kids that they want to bring along, so Rebekah will still have some social interaction. Just bummed the daycare thing didn't work out. We put her on a waiting list, but I don't know if that will ever happen. It sounds like all those kids have been receiving care for a long time and are not about to stop.
1 comment:
All right, Elizabeth. ;) Here's my scolding for you. And this is very easy for me to say because I don't have children and at this rate may never have children and when I finally do get around to having children will probably be the most neurotic, anxious parent that ever walked the face of the earth but whatever because we're really talking about you.
You're sooooooooooooooooooooo not a bad parent. I'm a professional (oddly, without kids) but I still know. Kids do these things. All. The. Time. Instead of a check for bad parenting for you (which it's not), it should be a check for being a healthy kid doing crazy kid things for Rebekah! ;) I can't wait to hear her version of the story.
Also. It would have been nice if the daycare would have communicated a little more clearly with you that Rebekah's spot was contingent upon this other family's final decision. I'll be praying that you guys find a good daycare provider - and soon!
Also, I have 2 big *&^^%&&( papers due soon, but after that, I'm thinking we should have a shopping date on a weekend.
And.... cookies. ;)
Post a Comment