Sunday, June 1, 2008

Classes and Showers

Well we survived our baby class this weekend. It started on Friday night and my mom attended the class with me since Aaron was still working. We talked about pre-labor and when it's a good time to go to the hospital. We also learned a relaxation technique at the end of the evening. Then our instructor took everyone who wanted to go, on a tour of the birthing center. We took the tour and it was nice to see the rooms and where everything is located.
On Saturday we had class all day. We watched two videos, one of a vaginal birth and one of a c-section. We talked alot about labor and delivery, then later in the afternoon we practiced breathing and positions for labor. I really liked that part, learning the different ways to breath and positions that I can be in to get past contractions. There were some positions we did on a birthing ball (same as one you would use for exercising), that were really comfortable and took the pain off my back. I think that will be something I'll use again in the future.
Overall it was a good class and we both really got a lot of information out of it.

Going backwards, on Thursday evening I had a shower with all my co-workers at Pietro's Pizza here in Salem. It was a really fun time, played some games and of course got loads of gifts. I have a few pictures I thought I would post from the shower. My friend Marrei made the cake and she did an awesome job. It was a sea life theme which I think she pulled off very nicely. Marrei also made the sugar free cake that was at our wedding. She has some amazing talent. :0)


Picture of the cake. (Chocolate cake with chocolate bavarian cream on the inside)


My friend Annette hosted the shower.


Fellow Co-workers thinking very hard for one of the games.


More people thinking hard about answers.


The gifts after I got them home.


More gifts


My feet at the end of the evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time!
I am sorry I'm going to miss your next shower, but I hope we get to see you guys soon. Have a great weekend!
~Shannon

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT shower you were given by your co-workers!!!! Lots of adorable looking outfits!! That's wonderful. See you at your shower on Saturday!!
Love, Debby