I know I know, it's been almost two weeks since my last post. I wanted to wait till I loaded pictures on the computer so I could blog about my last shower that was with the family. But then I realized that might never happen and someone reminded me that I have readers eager to know what's going on in my life. So here I am, writing without posting pictures.
I have super big feet and super big belly. I have limited appetite and more urges to pee. I sleep most nights, with the except of last night in which baby Rebekah decided she wanted to party in my belly.
The family shower was a lot of fun. Everyone chipped in and we got all the big items. The glider/rocker came last tuesday and the changing table came on wednesday. Over the weekend my aunt and uncle brought the crib. Now Aaron has a lot of projects to do. We also got the pack and play which is residing in our bedroom on my side of the bed. Looking at that when I go to sleep is a little weird, because I know soon it will hold a tiny one. It seems a little surreal.
My sister-in-law planned really fun games and made me a diaper cake. It was really cool. She tied ribbon around it and then attached items to the ribbon to make it a interesting version of the memory game. After you guessed all the things attached to the cake, you then had to guess how many diapers made up the cake. I think it was 76 or something close to that. It was a lot, but that just means we'll have a lot when we need them.
My dearest friend Lisa from college came over with my SIL since they live in the same area. It was really good to spend some time with Lisa, even though we spent much of the time with my family. It was really good to see her, because sometimes its not enough just to "visit" through email, blog or myspace. I cannot wait for her next visit when the baby finally arrives. She's going to make a great "aunt" Lisa!!
As for the rest of the goings on around here, Aaron turned 35 yesterday...on Father's Day. We had celebrated his birthday and Father's day with his family on Saturday. His brother and SIL were here with their new baby. It was nice to finally meet my other niece, Isabella. She's going to be a tall one I think. She's wearing the three to six month pants already since she is so long. She's just adorable and we had a great time visiting, holding and talking about babies.
Aaron and I went to dinner yesterday evening for his birthday and that was fun. Though it was there I realized I can't eat as much as I used to. After we came home we sat out on our front porch and enjoyed the rest of the nice evening we were having. We decided to start working on middle names for Rebekah and have narrowed them down to 4. We finally decided not to go with a family name, because that was too hard to decide whose family. Once we get it narrowed down to two names, we'll post a survey to see what you think.
Anyway I have the last of my two week appointments with my doctor this week. Then it is going once a week. I just can't get over how close we are now. It will be a month from tomorrow. The time has gone quickly and part of me wants the rest of this to go quickly and another part not so much. Mostly the other part is, because the nursery isn't finished yet. Aaron started working on the changing table today, but we still have the crib and we found out that we'll have to send back the glider/rocker because the back of the chair has been broken. I'm not so worried about the chair as getting everything else put together.
Well baby is telling me she is hungry so I should go see about dinner. I promise to do a better job of blogging, even when I don't have pictures to post.
No comments:
Post a Comment