Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rebekah Alexis Magee




Well most of you who visit here already know that Rebekah made her presence known to us on Monday morning at 4:10. She weighed in at an even 6 pounds and was 18 1/2 inches long.


I had started feeling contractions about eight on sunday evening and called the doctor. He thought, since i was only 36 weeks, that it was probably false labor. Said it would wear off in about two hours. At about 11:30 sunday night we decided it was time to go to the hospital and just get checked out. We were admitted at midnight. When they checked me I was dilated to two, so they came back in an hour to check again, and around three I was at 3 cm. We got to labor and delivery room and was asked to go to the bathroom, went and stood up, only to have my water break. We called Aaron's mom first, because I knew she would be able to get there sooner than my mom. Then I called mine. By the time my mother got there I was already pushing. No one could believe that I had gone from a three to ten in such a short period of time. Needless to say, because of that, I had no time for drugs. They were still trying to put the IV in while I was pushing. So a little pain was everywhere. Okay and I'm not going to lie, it wasn't a little pain. I am a total wuss when it comes to pain, so it was hard. Finally they had to get the vaccum suction because I was having a hard time with the breathing and pushing, believe I was hyperventalating. The doctor didn't want to use forceps and I didn't want to have a C section. I don't know how I did it, but I did. And so you know, my mother showed up 18 minutes before I gave birth!


I was the talk of the nurses and doctors for my quick delivery. I was warned of what it will be like the next time I have a baby. We joked that I should just live at the hospital. When I was finally moved to my room, the nurses there had all heard about my amazingly quick delivery.




After a couple days in the hospital and being poked, prodded and everything else, we were finally able to come this afternoon. Baby is doing very well for being a little bit early. Thank heavens for my sister-in-law Aimee who gave me Premie clothes. They fit Rebekah perfectly.


Rebekah is still learing about breast feeding. I am pumping and she gets formula until she can figure it out. They said it could take her a little while because she was a little early. She is also a bit Jaundice, but not enough that she needs the lights. We are going in later today (I'm writing between nightly feedings) to get her weight checked and the jaundice checked also.

I promise to post more pictures, but this will do for now.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow! I still cant' believe she is already here!!! So precious.

Natalie and Lily said...

When I saw your myspace post about false labor and being uncomfortable, I thought, huh, that's weird, I don't remember it hurting. I bet this is it!! Well congratulations to you and your hubby! I hope we will have a chance to meet up when we come for a visit in August!

Brandie