Monday, March 1, 2010

BAC

This past Saturday I attended my first BAC (Bishop's Advisory Committee) retreat. The BAC is the committee in charge of the goings on with the church, making sure bills are paid and the overall workings of the church. We got a lot of planning done on what we'd like to see happen in the next year and what we'd like to see in the next five years. It was a long day and to be honest it was something that I wasn't really looking forward too. But it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We were up off the North Santiam in a cabin that one of our church members owns. Some people had spent the night Friday, but I went up with some other ladies for the day on Saturday. It was a relatively nice day and it gave me a chance to get to know everyone and get a feel for what my job will be serving on this committee for the next three years.
I think it's going to be a fun, yet challenging experience. But I'm ready for it, and I'm ready to learn more about the church that I've grown up in.

Some of the things I have interest in are making some cards for people who are ill, or haven't been in church for awhile. Working with another BAC member on bringing kids in to explore and talk about different topics, not necessarily pretaining to Episcopal life or our church. Helping with the social aspects, game nights, movie nights, family time....things of that nature that interest me.
Three years is a long time to be on a committee, but I am looking forward to what I can help accomplish for the church.

No comments: