Friday, October 24, 2008

Glad it's Friday

So glad that it is Friday and I have a few days to rest my brain. The job is going well and learning to do the underwriting has been pretty easy. It is some of what we had learned already and some extra stuff. If there aren't procedures then I have notes on how to do everything and it's just remembering where to find the information when I need it. Underwriting is really just making sure that the person requesting Medicare is actually eligible for Medicare, based on where they live, how old they are and other special cicumstances. Today we each processed 4 Medicare applications, which was nice to be able to do hands on stuff. On Monday I think they plan to give us 5 or 6 applications. Tuesday and Wednesday we are job shadowing and then the rest of the week is up in the air. We still haven't seen our desks yet, and it seems like they aren't sure what is going on. They are starting new stuff this year that they haven't done before and so that is causing some of the "I don't really know what's going on" that we are getting from our trainer.
The other people who weren't chosen for the special project had their hours cut already because there isn't enough for them to do. They didn't have to come in today and will not have to work on Monday either. Then Tuesday-Friday they will only be working a total of 16 hours. Another reason why I'm thankful I was chosen for the "special project."

So the other part of working is the leaving Rebekah. Because I have been so busy at work, I don't have time to miss her, so being away from her has actually been okay. She likes the babysitter, smiles and laughs with her like she does with us. Aaron gives me status reports when I talk to him in the evening of new things she does during the day. On Tuesday when I came home from work Rebekah was playing with the rattle, holding it well and shaking it. On Wednesday I tried to get her to hold it and she wouldn't so it must just be when she feels like it. Yesterday she grabbed her pacifier and waved it around in the air before dropping it. I think if I hadn't been distracting her with "you're doing such a good job" and her laughing, she may have figured out how to get it into her mouth!
The only thing she hasn't figured out yet is the rolling over part. All my friends who have babies seem to be sharing that news lately and it's hard to not worry or feel like our child is underdeveloped because she hasn't yet. But I'm satisfied with all the other things that she is doing now that I know when she's ready to roll over she will.
Overall had a good week and am looking forward to resting up this weekend.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Cooper only JUSt started rolling over...like in the past week. And he's only good at one direction and then he gets mad about that. :)

Sarah said...

Don't worry about the rolling over business! She'll do it when she's good and ready! :-)

Gavin is a little behind where Audrey was for baby milestones, so I know how it can make you a little nervous, but they all have their own schedules and we need to remember that!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your job is going well! It sounds like they like you and want to keep you around! The medical field is always busy!
Rebekah is getting so big! Isn't it exciting watching them discover things! I remember when Isabella mastered holding things. Rebekah will be rolling over before you know it! There's no rush.