My brain is so full of all the information I learned today. They said it was really relaxed, but I don't think so. Or maybe it is when it's not the really busy time, which is right now. That was why I was hired. They have a paper punch card that we use to clock in and out with. Totally ancient looking. Then they have a back up system online that you do once a week to make sure your hours have been turned in. It's really crazy. They also told me that it would be a weeks worth of training and we found out today that it was just the one day...today. We didn't get through everything so we'll do just a little bit of stuff tomorrow before they take us to our "floor". I have a badge with my picture on it and we have to use those to go anywhere on the elevator or to use the restrooms on the first floor. The breakroom/lunch room looks like a school cafeteria it's so huge. There are tons of vending machines a huge industrial size fridge and six microwaves. They make you clock in and out for breaks and you have to be right on time otherwise it's overtime, BB was a little bit more relaxed with that. Plus I don't understand why we have to clock out for breaks when we get paid for those. It must be so they can see that we are actually taking them.So far my schedule is 8:30-5, but then may change. We will all be assigned to a supervisor type person and will work with them to get the Medicare application done. They told us that we would work on the same job for a week and then change it up, so that we wouldn't burn out on it. They also said that our hours would depend on what hours our sup worked, since we all have to work together. They defintely said there would be a lot of overtime, which I expected.
The drive to work is okay and the walk was only about 10 minutes this morning and 15 this evening. It is $48 to get a permit, so I think I'll hold off as it isn't too bad walking. Not as bad as I thought, though today it wasn't raining or windy or too cold so I may change my mind on that later.
There were 14 people in my training class and it sounded like there was a group of people that will work part time temp that start next week. We all had to take a standard test on windows and computer systems before we even interviewed with Regence or were hired, yet it seems like some people barely passed as the questions they had were very basic.
There is a ton of information, but I think it will be okay once we start doing it. We'll get our desks tomorrow and then we have a few online classes we'll take. I guess that's a little bit more training, but then they'll have us start in on the work. It's crazy, but I like the challenge.
I didn't miss Rebekah too much. I called on my morning break and then again at lunch time. Things seemed to be good so there was no need to worry. Plus I was so busy during the day that I didn't have much time to think about her, which was good but then I felt bad because I felt like I should have been thinking about her more. I guess that will go away. She's taking one of her power naps right now so I'm typing this out before she wakes up.
So far the job is good. I'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
It sounds like this job is going well ~ as good as it can for the 1st day! What is it exactly you'll be doing again?
Post a Comment