Just a quick blog to let you know that I finally got a job. Regence called this afternoon and offered me one of the positions I had applied and interviewed for. Its working in Member Services and will be helping during their Medicare open enrollment time. Mostly just helping people stuff envelopes, make copies and other projects as needed. Not really too much customer service type stuff.
I'm not totally sure of hours yet, but it looks like we'll just need to find a sitter to watch Rebekah for the few hours that it will overlap when Aaron leaves for work. I don't really want to do daycare, because of expense and hope that we are able to find someone who can come watch Rebekah during the time we need them to.
I start on the 13th of this month and do a weeks worth of training to learn medical terminology and some of the programs. They say it's the quick version of the 5 week training you get if you were to do the call center job.
Normal pay started at $11.63 and then was dependendent on experience. Apparently I had some, because they offered me $12.25 to start. Way more than I would have received if I worked at bookbyte. There is a possibility of overtime with this job, and I'm okay with that as it means more money down the line and it will only be for a short period of time.
So tomorrow it looks like I need to go do my drug screening test, as it has to be done by friday...didn't really give me a lot of time to do that, but at least I got the job, so I won't be complaining too much.
Regence is located in downtown Salem, so there won't be a lot of traveling on my part. Parking will be a question. They don't have their own lot, and the nearest free parking is a few blocks away. I would have to pay the city to park and not sure I want to do that. At least not right away. Besides, Aaron says it will be good for me to walk!
Anyway I'll keep you posted with any new developments, but wanted to share this piece of good news with you. Thanks for prayers and good thoughts, I really do appreciate them!!
2 comments:
That is so awesome!!!I accidently deleted the email you sent me. Sorry! I can't wait to hear more about the new profession! :)
Congrats Elizabeth! We're so excited to hear about your job! May just the right person come along to watch Rebekah!!
Post a Comment