Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

On Saturday we took Rebekah to the pumpkin patch at Bauman Farms. We met the grandparents there and paid to enjoy all the different activities. They had a pirate ship made out of hay, a zip line, a bouncy pillow, farm animals to pet, hay ride, corn maze, pumpkin patch, horse rides, apple cider demonstrations and lots of different hay mazes. We had a lot of fun and Rebekah was awake for much of the time we were there. I was glad for that, because she tends to sleep through everything we take her to. The following few pictures are our favorite shots from the fun we had:


Just arrived at the farm.


Kids maze...will probably be more fun when she can walk.

This cow seemed to really like Aaron's coat. It made more than one attempted to eat it!


Look I'm a bumble bee.

Our family in a pumpkin head.

Sitting in the pumpkin patch

Hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Magee in the pumpkin patch.

Hanging out with Nana and Papa in the pumpkin patch. (if you click on this picture to make it bigger you can see that the little one isn't very happy to be doing this).
There were some other "firsts" that happened this weekend. On Saturday night Rebekah slept through the night for the first time. I think it was only a one time deal since she really was kept busy most of the day. Last night she woke in the middle of the night. It was still nice to have one night where we were all so tired to be able to sleep for a long period of time.
On Sunday Rebekah grabbed and held a toy for the first time. Usually we have to manipulate her hand in order for her to hold anything and this time she did it all by herself. It was great....too bad we don't have any pictures or video of that.
She is also getting pretty close to rolling over from her back to her belly. I anticipate that this will happen by the end of the week. She is very close.
The last piece of news is that I start my job tomorrow. We have found a sitter from one of the area high schools. I really like her and I think she will be great. We also have been given a list of other potential sitters and will be able to use them as back up if we ever need to. I am excited to start and see what I'll be doing. This week is a training week and hopefully will get a better idea of my hours and the job.
























3 comments:

Maureen said...

I am the world's worst momma...no pumpkin patch for us! I figured he was too little so I wouldnt bother. Now I see all these people with their new babies! i feel bad now. We might have to find us a pumpkin patch.

Cooper learned back to belly yesterday. :) He practices A LOT when he should be napping.

Lisa said...

Yay for the new job! It will be sooooo good to get that paycheck and I'm glad to hear that you're comfy with your sitter. I got your card in the mail today and it made me laugh! I DO need to stop reading about sharks! I'm a dork!! But I love these pumpkin patch pictures!

Anonymous said...

Loved going to the pumpkin patch and the chance for us to be together! Each year Rebekah will get more out of it. We got some great pictures!