Monday, April 20, 2009

You are my sunshine...

...my only sunshine!

As some of you know we have been blessed with some rather unexpected yet beautiful weather. Yesterday it was in the 70's and today it reached 80 degrees. It feels like summer out there and I LOVE it. It's been great to be able to take Rebekah out and walk or go to the park. On Sunday after church we took her to a park near our house. It's just a short walk from here. There was a little slide she was able to go down and then she went down a bigger one with daddy. Aaron thought I should take her, but I'm pretty sure my big hips would prevent me from going anywhere! Today I thought I would try a new park that is near where Aaron's parents live. It wasn't too crowded, but there wasn't really much she could play on. I was really hoping they would have a swing set, but no one seems to have swing sets anymore. I was really disappointed, because I knew it would be the one thing I could do with Rebekah by myself and I know she would enjoy it. I didn't let it ruin my time. Instead we just walked around the neighborhood and looked at the nice houses and yards. Rebekah talked to herself and I got some exercise. So I guess it all worked out. I am still in search of a park with swings though. Maybe one day I will find one.

For now enjoy these pictures that have been taken over the last week or so.


I never have much catching her smile, but thought this was a cute picture of her rolly polly arms!

Ha I did catch this smile from her. This was after our walk today. Thought I should get a couple pictures to prove we did something.



Playing with toys on Sunday in the park

Getting ready to go down the slide. She was more interested in holding on and playing then wanting to go down the slide.

She did think it was pretty fun after she had gone down a couple times.

She has been playing with her tounge a lot again. It makes so many cool sounds!

Rebekah is starting to try and pull herself up in the pack and play. She does okay, but usually just falls bck and starts over again. If you get her to stand and hold on, she can stand there for some time. I caught this smile from her during one of her times of 'see how long I can stand before falling down' in the pack and play.


No comments: