You know that feeling when you are working in a part time temporary job and then one day someone asks how you would feel moving into a different job, that offers more hours and could be permanent? That's how I'm feeling today. I start my new job on Monday and I will be the support person for all of the K-12 speech/language people. The person who is currently in that job is leaving and they need someone to take her place. Since the job I currently have does not keep me very busy (today I had an hours worth of work to last me four hours), they asked if I would be interested. I will continue to do work for the special programs department, which is where I am now. Until the person I replaced comes back from maternity leave. I will also gain new duties and responsibilities that pretain to working with the K12 speech/language people.
I will be working 6 hours, so that I can get home before Aaron has to go to work. If they need me for a full 8 hours a day, then they said they would give me plenty of time to find a sitter for Rebekah.
I believe my new job will last until the end of June when they do the budget, and then they will have to see if there is money to keep the job open. So working until the end of June and not till the middle of May sounds really good to me. Plus I get to keep working with really nice and fun people. All in all its a good deal.
3 comments:
Yea for you! I'm glad you're going to get to work more, but it's nice you still have flexible hours for the baby!
Yay you!!! And you, with your language (speech camp) background, are the perfect person for this job!
ELIZABETH! WONDERFUL! So glad to hear about this opportunity! I'm thrilled about this news! We'll be praying that it will be "in the budget" to keep you after June!
Post a Comment